The Partnership Team
Ms Amanda Crossley - Partnership Development Manager
Miss Katie Harrison - Partnership Administrator
Mr Keith Aspden - Family of Schools Co-ordinator
The Partnership Development Team at Tadcaster Grammar School provides a range of courses and activities for students and their families all year round. We work on a range of projects with the local community and partner organisations, as well as Tadcaster Grammar School Careers Department, including:
- After school activities at Tadcaster Grammar and our partner Primary Schools – ie, Sugarcraft Club, Accredited First Aid, Mountain Bike Club, Go Karting (we take part in the National School Championships), History Alive Club, Art Clubs, Drama Clubs, ICT Clubs, Sports, Dance, Gym and many, many others.
- A wide range of opportunities during term time – Nestlé Society, a visit to Clothes Show Live, taking part in challenges and competitions and lots more! We also provide activities during INSET days to help working parents.
- Events and activities for young people from Year 5 upwards during each holiday (except Xmas): RAMP, Cookery, Step into Sport, Tennis Club, Bush Babies, Family Visits and activities, Theme Park visits, various sports days, Mural projects, Residential visits, Success into Secondary and transition activities, Summer School, International exchanges and many more.
- Work with partners to deliver programmes and take part in events – National Railway Museum, Duke of Edinburgh, NCS, Tadcaster Swimming Pool, Wigan Sports Trust, University of York, Sainsbury’s Family Fun Day, Tadcaster Carnival, Older People’s Day at Popplewell Springs and many others.
- We are also responsible for careers for students from Year 7 – 11. We provide a range of opportunities such as careers fayres, visits, evenings for parents, targeted taster events, a big careers fayre held at School (26 January 2016), drop down days – which involved us going to a variety of HE/FE institutions in Leeds for the day each July with Year 10, speakers in school, assemblies and delivery partners in School. We have a careers advisor in school two days a week to support students, she provides IAEG.
- We provide volunteering opportunities, and paid work during the holidays, through our own department and across our partners – Wilberforce Trust, Popple Well Springs, York Hospital, Selby AVS, CEF and many others for students in Year 10 and upwards.
- We have secured substantial external funding over the years to enable a variety of exciting projects and activities to take place ie. Leaders of the Future, Summer School, student voice, supporting curriculum projects Badminton Club, Accredited Training for sports leaders etc.
- We also manage the lettings for the school – a fantastic venue for a variety of events (including wedding receptions!).
- We support the new STAR Alliance across Tadcaster/Sherburn which is made up of 17 schools who are working collaboratively and jointly to enhance learning and teaching and the opportunities for all our children.
To contact us or book onto any of our schemes ring 01937 837614 or 01937 837670, e-mail email@example.com or pop in to Rose Cottage, Tadcaster Grammar School, Toulston, Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, LS24 9NB.
Summer Holiday Activities
Thinking ahead to Summer….?
Don’t worry, we have it covered!
For a hard copy of the brochure above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All booking forms can be found at starlearningalliance.org/holiday-activities; please download, complete and send to the following address to book your place:
Tadcaster Grammar School
We are responsible for all external lettings at Tadcaster Grammar School.
Looking for a private function room?
Our Ballroom and Conference Rooms may be exactly what you are looking for!
Need a space to rehearse?
We have dedicated music rooms, as well as our Main Hall with a spacious stage and gallery.
Got a team together for a practice?
With over 70 acres of land, two separate gyms and multiple outdoor pitches, we offer many options for sports teams in need of a space to practice.
For more information email email@example.com or ring Katie Harrison on 01937 837614.
One of the best parts of our job is taking students on exciting trips out to new places. Here's our upcoming list of residential trips for 2016:
If you would like any more information about our residential trips then email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Katie Harrison on 01937 837 614.
Tadcaster Grammar School is fortunate to have a dedicated Careers Advisor Karen Morgan, who is available for two days a week in the Independent Learning Centre.
Operation Wallacea 2016!
Here at Partnership we are extremely proud to be supporting a fantastic venture taking place next summer. For two weeks in July, eight of our year 11 and Year 12 students will be travelling to Indonesia in order to take part in a global research and conservation project known as Operation Wallacea.
Throughout this Autumn term our students have organised a wide range of fundraising events, from cake sales and Christmas Festivals to a mock horse race in local village Thornton!
Overall they have raised over £1000 each, with many more events lined up for next term!
The Partnership Team is part of an exciting group of primary and secondary schools who make up the STAR Alliance:
We are dedicated to sharing our many skills and our wide experiences, while capitalising on our highly talented staff and making the most of the capacity we have to support , help and improve learning and achievement for all our students.
For more information see our website at starlearningalliance.org
Family of Schools
Tadcaster and Sherburn Family of Schools
Tadcaster Grammar School is an active member of the Tadcaster and Sherburn Family of Schools, which provides a range of services and facilities, not only for the students but also for their families and the wider community. These services may include offering childcare, parent support, family and adult learning, access to specialist services and a range of before and after-school clubs. These services are tailored to meet the needs of the local community.
We currently offer:
Study support activities
Family and Adult education classes
Support services for parents
Community access to facilities
We are keen to develop and expand these services for students and the local community, and we are doing this in partnership as a cluster family of local schools:
For more information about the Family of Schools programme in Tadcaster, or with suggestions for future activities, please contact Keith Aspden via e-mail email@example.com or telephone 01937 837 670.